[Foundation-l] Issues regarding admin(s?) on wikinews, effects: globally

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 10:01:47 UTC 2005

> Ilya Haykinson wrote:
> > Ok, I'm really confused. There has indeed been some heated editing on
> > Wikinews which caused the departure of one admin (who I hope will come
> > back someday) and the temporary banning of another for violating the
> > 3RR -- not an unusual thing.
>
> Why is 3RR regarded as bannable policy on Wikinews?  It seems unlikely
> to be needed at this early stage, and certainly if it was adopted
> incautiously from English Wikipedia, this is a decision which should be
> reconsidered.

In my opinion, it depends, and if Wikinews is suffered already by edit
wars (I don't know if it would be or not),  it would be helpful. But
we could go in a softer way prausibly.

An editor has proposed recently on Wikqiuote a modified version of
3RR, instead of blocking two involved party, protect the page in
question, and invite editors to its talk. After a while, a sysop
unprotect the page, and if then someone try to ignore on-going
discussion and make an edit not reflecting the latest discussion
intentionally, (except a genuine newcomer), then blocking his or her
account cumlatively (first 24 hours, then 48 hours ...)

It is not the official policy yet, and still its early and
experimental stage, but seems to work fairly. Just for your
information.

--
Aphaea@*.wikipedia.org
email: Aphaia @ gmail (dot) com