[Foundation-l] Issues regarding admin(s?) on wikinews, effects: globally

Ilya Haykinson haykinson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 05:44:33 UTC 2005

Ok, I'm really confused. There has indeed been some heated editing on
Wikinews which caused the departure of one admin (who I hope will come
back someday) and the temporary banning of another for violating the
3RR -- not an unusual thing.

But I think that this message makes no sense, as I think there has not
been any abuse by Erik.

If there are any problems on Wikinews, I think that they stem from
failures to communicate, and from an overindulgence in talking about
process versus writing more news articles. Those are correctable and
are being worked on: I doubt that Wikipedia grew up without tensions
between editors.

The majority of the message here is unsubstantiated, specifically
"many problems by abusing sysop rights", nor the bunch of aliases, nor
the admin'ed sysops. I've definitely not had the chance to find a
sockpuppet admin that Kyle is referring to.

-ilya haykinson
 en:wikinews sysop & bureaucrat