[Foundation-l] Re: Swedish, Spanish, French Wikinews set up

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 05:45:48 UTC 2005

Erik Moeller a écrit:
> notafish schrieb:
>
>> I have answered to you in private on these matters. This leaves open
>> my question about admins on wikinews. What are the *rules* ?
>>

> Fr.Wikinews.Org should create a Wikinews:Administrators nomination
> process. If a consensus can be found that a user should be an admin, a
> steward can make them one. Normally, stewards pick a trusted user to be
> a temporary bureaucrat, so that the wiki can create its own sysops.

No, this is not how things proceed, this is not the rules we set, and I
recommand that we do not go along this way.

Normally, stewards do what the community wants them to do.
Anyone willing to be a sysop should set up a voting page, and if there
is no opposition, the guy can ask a steward to change his status.

It is not the steward business to decide who should be sysop.
And the steward should normally ask that an admin page be set and that
the guy put his name and wait a little while.

What often happen in case of new projects in a well represented language
(for example fr.wikiquote.org) is that the person asking for a status
will set the page, and ask the wikipedia editors (fr.wikipedia.org) to
go and support him over there.

I think this is fine.

It also happens that the project started in a new one in this language
(for example yy.wikipedia.org... ). In this case, no one can really
vote. In this case, the community is so small (often less than 5...),
that we make the guy sysop without any votes of course.
This happens only on very very very very small wikis.

So.... Either the wikinews is viable, with a big community (supposingly
at least 5), and that means at least 5 people are here to vote.
Or the wikinews has less than 5 people available to vote, and in this
case, according to policy, it should never has been opened.

In short, if a wikinews is NOT able to gather at least 5 people to vote
on such an issue as an admin setting, then it should be plain closed.

  That
> temporary bureaucratship is reviewed when the wiki has a stable user
> base. For administrative needs that need to be completed ASAP, temporary
> sysops can also be made, again by bureaucrats or stewards who know and
> trust the user in question (e.g. Greudin).
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik

In case of recent wikinews being set up, if the editors base is not at
least 5 involved editors, then the wikinews should be closed.

If you can not gather 5 names to vote on an easy point as admin
election, then there is no chance that wiki can go through all its
building process.