[Foundation-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] Wikimedia Foundation : le ver dans le fruit ?

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Jan 25 17:07:56 UTC 2005

Traroth wrote:
> > the donators in
> >
> > And to suggest that I would answer in such a way is
> > a slap in the face
> > to me, of course.
> >
> > --Jimbo
>
> So I don't. It's just an objection I heard before when
> I raised this point.

O.k., good.  :-)

The point is: there are a lot of complex and competing considerations,
including 1. The will of the community 2. The principles of the
project 3. legal factors and questions.

The possibility of a fork *is* of course one very wonderful control on
the project, but I would react very strongly to anyone whose answer to
a simple complaint is "well, why don't you just fork?"  I seek very
strongly to avoid forks for as long as we can, by trying to find ways
to accomodate everyone.

--Jimbo