[Foundation-l] New project proposal - Wikibuilder

Christiaan Briggs christiaan at last-straw.net
Fri Jan 21 09:38:05 UTC 2005

That's a good summary of the details Daniel. I think the operative word
for 'Wikilabs' is "recognition."

Put is this way: the problem with starting, say, [[Wikibuilder]] off as
a Wikibook is one, for technical reasons, but two, because there is no
natural base of editors who are builders and architects, etc (compared
to programmers and scientists, etc.). To have [[Wikibuilder]] being
developed in its early stages under "Wikilabs" would allow for 'instant
recognition of potential,' whereas under Wikibooks the potential isn't
so obvious (especially to designers and builders who just happen across
the site). A "Wikilabs" [[Wikibuilder]] project is a very easy concept
to grasp and would be something a lot of people would be willing to get
their teeth into. A [[Wikibuilder]] under Wikibooks is a nice idea...
hope it does well, kinda thing.

Christiaan

P.S. As a draughtsperson, the potential of [[Wikibuilder]] is obvious
to me. I spend my entire day referring to books and more experienced
people for the things I design and draw. To be able to refer to an
entire world would be amazing. I can only imagine what people who
really _need_ such knowledge would do with it.