[Foundation-l] Re: Continued concern with performance

Yann Forget yann at forget-me.net
Tue Jan 18 08:07:40 UTC 2005

Hi,

Le Tuesday 18 January 2005 04:08, Tim Starling a écrit :
(...)
> More system administrators are needed. My interest is in programming,
> but I end up spending most of my time on Linux system administration,
> because there's nobody else around to do it. Understand that Linux is an
> operating system I had *never even used* before I started on Wikipedia.
> I had to pick it up as I went along. It's a bizarre, flawed, buggy
> operating system which I only use because I'm forced to.

I am volunteering to help here.
I am not a developer but a Linux system administrator for the last 6 years.
See http://www.forget-me.net/pro/ (sorry, only in French).
First I would like to help installing a basic antispam filter, as managing the
mailing lists is becoming a burden due to spams.
Now I am off upto Saturday due to RL work ;o) but I will read the archives.

> Paid system administration help may be an option, but the first priority
> for paid help should be hardware maintenance, since there are no
> volunteers in that field, and a small amount of time spent will make a
> big difference.
>
> -- Tim Starling

Regards,
Yann