[Foundation-l] donate to Wikimedia Deutschland

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sun Jan 9 19:18:40 UTC 2005

Elisabeth Bauer (elian at djini.de) [050110 05:57]:
> Daniel Mayer wrote:

> >But that begs the question about what the German association *does* with
> >the
> >money donated to it. IIRC about 4000 Euro was donated directly to that

> We are finding out how to best transfer the donations (i.e. buying
> servers directly or sending the money to the foundation) without getting
> in trouble with german association law. Henriette, our treasurer, was
> busy with organizing the 21C3 lately, so I hope there is some progress
> soon. The decision to buy servers has been taken already, the open
> question is now how to do this.

Kate Turner just announced on irc that the French proxy servers are now
live for fr.wikipedia.org and fr.wiktionary.org in .fr, with plans to have
them serving all of Wikimedia for the whole EU if everything works OK.

If all does go well, local proxy servers will be a marvellous thing for
local associations to spend money on, and will form an excellent reason for
local associations to form ;-)

- d.