[Foundation-l] donate to Wikimedia Deutschland

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 9 18:28:41 UTC 2005

--- Walter Vermeir <walter at wikipedia.be> wrote:
> I suggest to give much more attension to this donation channel. For the
> English version of the fundraising page put it where there is now "Donate
> via postal mail". Include the information that a transfer inside de
> euro-zone is the same price like a normal national payment and that this is
> the cheapst way for you and Wikimedia.

But that begs the question about what the German association *does* with the
money donated to it. IIRC about 4000 Euro was donated directly to that
organization and yet have not seen nor heard about any of that being
transferred to the Wikimedia Foundation for any purpose (such as buying servers
or pay for bandwidth). If this is not correct, then please tell me (I'm still
missing some bank statements, so could have missed it).

> Many Wikipedias do not have a translation of the donation page. The is not
> helpful to get mony.
>
> If there not translation yet you can make one. You need a account for the
> foundation wiki;

That is not absolutely necessary. All you minimally need to do is translate it
and post it on meta. Somebody else could then post it to the foundation wiki.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/Fundraising

-- mav