[Foundation-l] Forking the Wiki

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Sun Jan 9 04:35:27 UTC 2005

On 8 Jan 2005, at 18:32, Scott Nelson wrote:

>>> I really can not imagine many flame wars occuring for
>>> "non-notable" poeple. Everyone has got an opinion on <insert world
>>> leader here> or <insert any war here>, but does any one really have
>>> strong feelings on bob black who died on 11/09?

Not trying to be a smart-aleck, but I can *easily* imagine flamewars
over entirely non-notable people -- flamewars perpetuated by the very
people and people that know them. Because Bob drools over Jane and Jane
thinks Bob is a Jerk and Jane's brother is dating Bob's sister and Bob
can't stand Jane's brother's guts. Now Jane is leaning into Bob's
Wikipeople entry and Bob is eager to let the world know that..., etc.
etc. etc.
Ad infinitum et ad nauseam.

-- ropers [[en:User:Ropers]]
     www.ropersonline.com