[Foundation-l] legal question in wikipedia

eleonora46 at gmx.net eleonora46 at gmx.net
Fri Jan 7 21:32:18 UTC 2005

Hi,

Who can help me, if I want to know, if it is legal, that a wikipedia editor
prepares a collection of quotes, that  an other wikipedia editor wrote in
diverse articles, and puts this collection onto a wikipedia page? The quotes
are
exclusively from one wikipedia editor.

This is what the gdfl says:
4. modifications The author(s) and publisher(s) of the Document do not by
this
License give permission to use their names for publicity for or to assert or
imply endorsement of any Modified Version.

8. translation Translation is considered a kind of modification, so you may
distribute translations of the Document under the terms of section 4.

9. termination You may not copy, modify, sublicense, or distribute the
Document
except as expressly provided for under this License. Any other attempt to
copy,
modify, sublicense or distribute the Document is void, and will
automatically
terminate your rights under this License. However, parties who have received
copies, or rights, from you under this License will not have their licenses
terminated so long as such parties remain in full compliance.

Thanks in advance, Eleonora

1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail