[Foundation-l] Forking the Wiki

Robin Shannon robin.shannon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 21:44:25 UTC 2005

I would think that wikipeople/memorial/foo wouldnt have a NPOV policy,
but rather a "sympathetic to the subject" policy (since that is what
memorials ARE). I really can not imagine many flame wars occuring for
"non-notable" poeple. Everyone has got an opinion on <insert world
leader here> or <insert any war here>, but does any one really have
strong feelings on bob black who died on 11/09? Here in Australia our
greatest military event was in WW1 on the Gallipoli peninsular. We
were fighting the Ottoman (turkish) empire. Now every anzac day
Australians/Kiwis and Truks get together to commemorate the event.
Even though we were the invaders, the turkish goverment welcomes
hundreds/thousands of Aussie/Kiwi diggers to mark the occasion in
Turkey, and we commemerate both the Aussie/Kiwi deaths as well as the
turkish deaths.

The loss of any life is a tradgedy, no matter the actions of the
person when they were alive.

As to starting it on wikicities first, i think jimbo has been preety
clear that he doesnt want any blurring of the lines between his stuff,
and wikimedia's stuff.

--
hit me: robin.shannon.id.au
jab me: saudade at jabber.zim.net.au

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons
Recombo Plus License. To view a copy of this license, visit
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/