[Foundation-l] Forking the Wiki

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Thu Jan 6 11:39:34 UTC 2005

My main concern is that it is likely to be boring and underutilized.
Underutilization means that errors are unlikely to be corrected and trivial
information included with important information left out.

While there are families, and certain ethnic groups who are into this kind
of thing, indeed almost a mass movement, those folks are already doing their
thing in other established venues and may not come over to our new project
in sufficient numbers to make it viable.

One may also criticize the project as lacking significance. Most geneologies
are not that interesting; few are of social signficance. Sadly the same is
true of most deaths. Including only memorials of victims of some event
increases significance. Including all who ever lived reduces it.

Fred