[Foundation-l] Forking the Wiki

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Tue Jan 4 20:37:30 UTC 2005

On 4 Jan 2005, at 16:09, Traroth wrote:

> I'm very curious to see it. From time to time,
> somebody speaks about it, but nothing happens. I would
> like to see reactions about a testimony like "my 4
> years daughter was killed by a US marine in Fallujah".
> With a lot of readers/contributors in the United
> States, it could be really funny...
>
> Traroth

1. I think Fallujah's survivors of siege warfare and radioactive and
chemical weapons have more pressing needs right now than logging on to
the Internet and editing some website.
2. Do you think that Muslim residents of a hitherto-branded "axis of
evil"-country would have better luck than Christian-dominated US allies
in convincing the US American "Moral" Majority that "Thou shalt not
kill" really DOES mean just that? Me neither.
3. Adding to that, well, what do you think -- if a foreign army lays
siege to, and napalm-bombs someone's hometown, would it be unreasonable
to assume that the person so affected might rather be WAY past
contributing friendly edits to a joint encyclopedia? (Which is why I
reckon that the US has guaranteed itself one or two sequels, al Qaeda
branded or otherwise. But then, that's just my hunch and I could be
wrong.)
4. Leaving aside the unlikeliness of seeing a lot of Fallujan
contributors anytime soon, if you've given up on the US as such and
only expect mere sordid entertainment -- yes, a hypothetical advent of
Fallujan contributors would provide copious amounts of that. Let the
games begin, but don't forget to duck and cover!

-- ropers [[en:User:Ropers]]
     www.ropersonline.com