[Foundation-l] Conflict resolution on meta Wikimedia

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Thu Feb 24 18:07:57 UTC 2005

Christiaan Briggs (christiaan at last-straw.net) [050225 01:08]:

> This is getting out of hand, now GerardM is resorting to vandalism:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=End-
> user_image_suppression&curid=15602&diff=0&oldid=0

That's not even close to vandalism by any reasonable definition. Wht it has
done is concisely outline the actual situation that you appear not to wish
to acknowledge in any way at all.

What Gerard actually did with the above edit was take this paragraph:

  This page originated from a discussion on the WikiEN-I mailing list where
  some level of consensus was reached between the free-speech and content
  suppression parties that a technical solution is possible that will go a
  long way towards satisfying most mainstream positions in the debate.

- and add the following text:

  However, it should be stressed that this page is ''not'' intended to imply
  that this is a <i>fait accompli</i>, but merely an initial exploration of
  the specification and feasibility of a possible solution. The features
  described below are ''not'' currently under development, and will certainly
  not be made live until their desirability has been firmly established.

Are you saying that this is false, and making out that saying this is
"vandalism"?

- d.