[Foundation-l] Conflict resolution on meta Wikimedia

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Thu Feb 24 18:03:21 UTC 2005

Christiaan Briggs (christiaan at last-straw.net) [050225 00:35]:
> David Gerard wrote:

> >>How does one purge debate while at the same announcing where it is in
> >>the opening paragraph?

> >Evidently he feels it is profoundly lacking in prominence.

> You didn't answer my question.

Er, yes I did. That's three times I have now. Please go back and read the
posts, I'm not going to rephrase it a fourth time.

> >>Purge, in case you were unaware, means to remove. The only thing that
> >>has happened, on the advice of, Rowan Collins, is that it has been
> >>_moved_ so as discussion about technical implications is not drowned
> >>by Gerard's shrill.

> >Are you assuming bad faith on Gerard's part?

> You used the word purge. Please explain what has been purged. I would
> hate to think any of this discussion has been removed from Wikimedia.

>From a very relevant page. You can hardly claim a contentious move is not
being planned when you are actively planning it, and having such a page
give the impression it is anything other than highly contentious is
(evidently) problematic in itself.

- d.