[Foundation-l] Conflict resolution on meta Wikimedia

Christiaan Briggs christiaan at last-straw.net
Wed Feb 23 16:22:44 UTC 2005

Walter van Kalken wrote:

> I think that Gerard's paragraph that he added and you keep removing is
> highlighting the negative side of you idea. Why isn't he allowed to
> put that there?

As Nicholas has pointed out this page is for exploring the
implementation of the idea; the opening paragraph clarifies this. There
are many places where the merits of it are being and have been
discussed throughout the Wikimedia community (including the talk page
of this article). If we let the article become bogged down with
discussion and POV about the merits of the idea then it would become an
article about "whether or not it should be done", instead of "how could
be done" (which is the stated purpose of the article!). But it's not
simply that, Gerard has been wholly reluctant to raise specific issues
instead using a slash and burn policy complete with emotional language,
straw man arguments and inappropriate posting of Wikipedia NPOV tags.

Christiaan