[Foundation-l] Day 1 Fund Drive Report

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 09:43:46 UTC 2005

On Day 1 (Friday eastern US timezone since PayPal data are not available in
UTC) we made $9,939.47 (USD equivalent) through a combination of PayPal and
MoneyBookers.

PayPal breakdown:
AUD   314.03 (247.27 USD)
CAD   334.40 (271.58 USD)
EUR  3413.75 (4464.75 USD)
GBP   475.17 (899.77 USD)
JPY  28340   (269 USD)
USD   3424.63
Total 9576.78 (USD equivalent)

Moneybookers:
$362.69 (USD equivalent)

For the most recent grand total and other details visit
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fund_drives/2005/Q1

Some selected comments from Day 1:
See http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fund_drives/2005/Q1/Day_1

"Knowledge isn't a possession - it cannot be monopolized." by Robert K Bell

"You guys rock!!" by Anonymous

"Fantastic system - best of luck from a Random Page addict" " by Steve Agland

"Wikipedia is Hope" by Anonymous

"Ignorance breeds fear, use information to gain knowledge and empower yourself
with Peace" by Anonymous

"Wikipedia is a splendid way of sharing information. Lets do this!" by
Anonymous

"You guys do a fantastic job!!!" by Guoming Sun

"You have helped me in college and in life. I don't have much money, and I've
never given a donation. But if any cause is worthy, it is your own. Thank you"
by Ryan Lewis

"Wikipedia, is there anything it can't do?" by Anonymous

"If you read this note, donate!" by Anonymous

"It's Not Much But Every Individual's Contribution Counts! What The Wiki Is All
About!" by Anonymous

And my personal favorites:

"For not deleting at least some articles" by Vladimir Mozhenkov

"Wikipedia: Destroyer of productivity; love of my life." by Anonymous

"bonk" by Anonymous

Daniel Mayer,
Wikimedia CFO

PS - Still plenty of translating to do at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/Fundraising_pages