[Foundation-l] Intent to launch pt., pl., ro. Wikinews; further procedure

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Fri Feb 18 08:55:11 UTC 2005

> For future editions, I'd also like to suggest changing the language
> procedure in the following way:
>
>    The "activity on existing Wikimedia projects" requirement can be
>    dropped if a few support pages (FAQ, Mission Statement, etc.) are
>    created on Meta for the project to be launched. These can be
>    translations or original creations.

As Ant, i support the activity requirement. The reason is that it's
better imo to "know" people, how they behave for instance, who intend to
launch a wikinews. If you let a total "stranger" start a new language
edition, you open doors to many abuses - translating NPOV rules & such
is NOT synonym with agreeing to them. And how can you check the
translation is correct unless you speak the language? :)

> Regards,
>
> Erik

Nicolas