[Foundation-l] Re: Intent to launch pt., pl., ro. Wikinews; further procedure

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 06:58:17 UTC 2005

No, please keep it to the procedure we agreed upon just a couple of days
ago.

When I suggested that we added this requirement of "activity", there
were two reasons

* activity shows interest, so avoid missed launches such as the french
wikinews one

* past activity of at least 2 editors on a wikipedia (for example)
indicates that at least 2 editors are aware of our basic principles and
in particular NPOV requirement.

Again, the is a security measure. If 5 people, not even one oldby on one
of our project, decide to  launch a wikinews with no experience at all,
there is rather high risk that some of our principles are not respected;
and since it is not in a language we necessarily manage, it might go on
for a long time.

You mentionned yourself that wikinews was a tricky project, with rather
serious liability issues. I agree with this. And this is just as much a
reason to avoid launching by people who just happened to visit a couple
of days sooner and found the concept great. We need at least 2
experienced people.

Anthere