[Foundation-l] Apology to David Gerard and explanation

Walter van Kalken walter at vankalken.net
Wed Feb 16 21:47:50 UTC 2005

For now I want to apologize to David Gerard. I am under a lot of stress.
And since I felt that I had given the reason for me not to contact my
provider nor to change it. Plus external reasons nothing to do with
wikipedia I just blew up. I had no right to address him with the words I
did. I am sorry for making an ass out of myself.

I still stay with the words that in Thailand thinks work totally
different from the west (I would say most of this part of Asia).
Basicaly if you life over here and want to survive like I am doing
forget about everything you learned in the west and start over. There is
no such thing as consumerrights here and this really is the best deal. I
pay 1.350 baht a month for a 2.5 mbps/256 kbps unlimited connection. A
friend of mine pays 2.099 baht for a 256/128 kbps 100 hrs a month
connection. I also get a 20% duscount on both my mobile and
housephonebills as they are the same company, Thailands second biggest
phone company (formerly Telecom Asia now True). The only bad thing about
the deal is I cannot break contract in the first 2 years (and they do
not rise the price)  because then I have to pay 6000 baht. For
comparison 6.000 baht is almost what I spend in a month on food. For me
that is a lot of money, as I am earning Thai wages, not Western
expatriate wages.

With kind regards,

Walter van Kalken