[Foundation-l] Shavian Wikis

Joe wurdbendur at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 22:31:06 UTC 2005

I¹m fairly new on Wikimedia, and even more so to this mailing list--but I¹m
sure you¹ve heard plenty of this before, so I¹ll get right to it.

I was directed to this list to enquire about starting new Wikis in the
Shavian alphabet, especially a Wikipedia and maybe Wikinews.  I'm not sure
this is entirely appropriate for Wikimedia since it will just be English
spelled phonemically (or phonetically, if you prefer).  But such
considerations don't seem to preclude other Wikis, such as Simple English or
Tok Pisin (not quite English, I know), so I thought I'd give it a try.

I want to verify before discussing this in mind-numbing detail (putting
everyone to sleep) that I am indeed in the right place and that there can
perhaps be some consideration for Shavian on Wikimedia.  I can assure you
that the support is there, and Shavian users can be expected to use and edit
Wikis in Shavian when possible.

Regards,
Joe