[Foundation-l] Re: Google Donating Bandwidth and Servers to Wikipedia

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Fri Feb 11 20:45:27 UTC 2005

Anthere wrote:

> Jimbo removed the information added by Yann, and I will ask you not to
> add things which are rumors from the Internet, but will appear
> official as soon as WE report them.

How are they rumors?  The information removed was reported on the
official Wikipedia Foundation mailing list, which is public.  As the
blog in question points out, the fact that there was a meeting between
Jimbo and Google representatives was reported by you [1], and the fact
that Google has tentatively agreed to give access to servers and
bandwidth was reported by mav [2].

-Mark

[1]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2005-February/002185.html