Google hosting (was Re: [Foundation-l] Grant meeting)

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 23:35:49 UTC 2005

--- Marco Krohn <marco.krohn at web.de> wrote:
> I'm reading about google hosting for the second time now, but couldn't find
> anything on meta, wikidev or this mailing list. It sounds interesting, what
> is meant with it exactly?

I don't remember the specifics (ask Jimbo for those), but Google has at least
tentatively agreed to give us access to a certain number of dual zeon servers
at one or more of their data centers and with unlimited bandwidth. I've been
told that there are no strings attached (meaning they don't expect us to do
anything for then, such as having GoogleAds).

-- mav