[Foundation-l] Re: Progress on wikimedia.com?

Arne Klempert wikipedia at klempert.de
Wed Feb 9 18:52:09 UTC 2005

On Wednesday, February 09, 2005 6:56 PM
Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Afaik, the trademark page is not very very outdated, since
> the only trademarks we recently got are wikipedia in Japan
> and Europe.

That sounds not very plausible because to my knowledge the US trademark
is a pre-condition to apply for registration in the EU according to the
Madrid Agreement.

"Trademark registrations have been filed for (pending): Wikipedia,
MediaWiki, Wikinews, Others?" <--- "Others?" doesn't make me feel
confident that the rest of the list is correct. It would be great to get
some more informations about the trademarks. At least registration
numbers would be very helpfully to impress domain squatters.

-Arne (akl)