[Foundation-l] Copyright

NSK nsk2 at wikinerds.org
Mon Feb 7 04:22:16 UTC 2005

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:HURD_first_program_banner.jpg

"This image or document is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Specifically, it is licensed under the Creative Commons ShareAlike License,
colloquially known as "cc-sa"."

I don't know where you found that it is CC-SA (BTW this isn't the licence a
use), but if you somehow derived this info from my article, then please take
a closer look and ensure you understood it right:

http://portal.wikinerds.org/gnu-hurd-l4-first-program

This image was found on http://www.marcus-brinkmann.org/banner.jpg

I asked Marcus via email and he had no problem to use the pic on my site. I
also asked at gnu.org about the Hurd logo and they told me it's freely
redistributable.

On the copyright notices posted on my article I say that only the text is
CC-By-SA-2, the images are fair use.

Please note that notices in individual articles override site-wide notices. In
addition, my site is in a transitional period as we just started to allow
multilicensing and using a page-based copyright scheme.

Also, it would be better to cite as source the brinkmann's site and not my
site, since I also got it from there.

--
NSK
http://portal.wikinerds.org/slashdotting2005feb4