[Foundation-l] Wikinews language creation rules modified

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sun Feb 6 18:56:08 UTC 2005

I have modified the rules at

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikinews/Start_a_new_edition

New: At least 3 signing users have to be Wikimedia regulars (>200 edits
+ 3 months participation in a project) in the language they vote on.

Now formally written down: After creation, a message will be sent to
wikinews-l, foundation-l and the Wikipedia Village Pump in that language.

If these rules are acceptable, they should be merged into the policy for
new languages. I also think the requirement of a "reporter" should be
taken out, it seems somewhat over the top.

On a different note, I am happy with the progress of the new editions.
Swedish, Spanish and Dutch now have very professional looking homepages
and a regular output of stories. Translation from one Wikinews edition
into another seems to be more common than direct translation of
Wikipedia articles.

Regards,

Erik