[Foundation-l] Day 4 Fund Drive Report

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 05:03:57 UTC 2005

Copied from:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fund_drives/2005/Q4/Day_4

The equivalent of $12,735.50 USD was donated through PayPal on '''Day 4''' (Monday 19 December),
making it the second most successful day so far in this drive! A total of 628 individual donations
(the second highest) were made yielding an average donation of $20.28 (lowest average thus far).

Here is the PayPal breakdown for Day 4:
 AUD    429.03    (321.99 USD)
 CAD 	823.33 	  (677.53 USD)
 EUR 	2,297.97  (2,791.32 USD)
 GBP 	578.73 	  (1,037.84 USD)
 JPY 	17,274.00 (156.07 USD)
 USD 	7,750.76
 Total 	12,735.50 USD

Copied from: http://fundraising.wikimedia.org/2005q4/index.php/2005-12-19/report/

==Selected donor comments==
Let's all thank everybody who donated on this day by reading their comments.

:From: http://fundraising.wikimedia.org/2005q4/index.php/2005-12-19/detail/

Here are some examples that caught my eye:
*"De plus en plus utile! Merci!" by Etienne Boucher
*"Protect Our Free Speach" by anonymous
*"Thank you for all the information (and fun) I've had from you" by Steve Czyrko
*"Thank you so much for such a fantastic resource!" by Emily Gillis
*"Wikipedia is the culmination of all that is good about the information age." by anonymous
*"Wikipedia is one of the pillars of the egalitarian Internet" by Christian Cotichini
*"Very happy to support this excellent project - User:Ianblair23" by IAN S BLAIR
*"Wikipedia is the single greatest asset to knowledge on the Internet." by Adam Greenfield
*"A small price compared to the priceless knowledge gained." by anonymous
*"What a lovely place to get information." by anonymous
*"Your site has become a treasure-trove of information for me. Please take this as a small token
of my esteeem" by James Kamakahi
*"I am proud to support the greatest learning resource on the web." by Simon Smith
*"Human knowledge should not be subject to intimidation" by anonymous
*"Was gut ist muß gut bleiben." by Ulf Kuessner
*"Thank you for using the Internet for good." by anonymous
*"Borg Lojasiewicz : Thank You to everyone who contributed to the expansion of my prosthetic
mind." by wanda lojasiewicz
*"Wikipedia has helped me many times in the past and I hope it will help me many times in the
future." by Henrique Rodrigues
*"This is truly a great resource that deserves community support. Let's keep it free for all who
may seek knowledge and information." by John Woody
*"The finest resource on the web." by Tvrtko Crnkovic-Dodig
*"A buck a week! Well worth it." by John Hahn

My personal favorites:
*"For the future" by Samuel Borgman
*"Drop by drop the sea rises..." by Rene Rex
*"It is a far better thing we do..." by Ian Yorston
*"the light of truth can be hidden but not stopped" by Timothy Bates
*"You make me look smart." by anonymous
*"Merry Festivus!" by Chai Trakulthai

-- Daniel Mayer