[Foundation-l] Bangkok bid

Walter van Kalken walter at vankalken.net
Fri Dec 16 03:41:50 UTC 2005

oscar wrote:

>are you serious? i'd love the idea!
>
>oscar

Yes I am,

We had a wikipedia presentation last week on a congress for teachers. We
were invited there by a wikipedian (Korakot) who works for the Thailand
Knowledge Management Institute (KMI) ... kinda the Thai version of
Kennisnet ... who sponsored us for that congress. He says he is sure he
can find sponsors from KMI and thinks others are sure. It all started
with a discussion on how to get Jimbo to Thailand. Another Thai
wikipedian (TouTou) who is a university teacher and was also helping
with the presentation then said she had organised congresses already and
that her university has facilities but that congressspace is cheap and
aplenty in Thailand anyway. So we have two persons who have experience
in the field. And one village idiot (me) so that seems enough to start a
serious bid because people will always offer help once the train starts
rolling.

Waerth/Walter