[Foundation-l] Jimbo's fantasy...

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at web.de
Tue Dec 13 14:43:11 UTC 2005

Delirium wrote:

> Paying editors is another matter.  In principle I would support it,
> but we have to be *very* careful that it doesn't cause all sorts of
> collateral problems, from people gaming any sort of bounty system to
> get paid for crap work, to distortions in the community that might
> cause greater harm than the paid writers help.  It's not impossible to
> do right, but I think it may be hard enough to not be worth it.

I think paid editors hired by Wikimedia is a Bad Idea (tm), and I guess
I'm not alone on this one.

*However*, a third party, someone not associated with Wikimedia, who
wants to spend some money on something good, but not just give to
charity (think Ubuntu Linux), could pay people to write/fix articles on
Wikipedia. That would be most welcome, IMHO.

Magnus