[Foundation-l] Anons cannot create pages on english wikipedia?

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Wed Dec 7 21:20:38 UTC 2005

Daniel Mayer wrote:

>And that is two actions instead of one to remove patent nonsense (at least double the work). Thus
>it makes sense to limit the amount of patent nonsense we get (and thus that effort could be used
>somewhere else). Not allowing anons and newbies to upload images limits the amount of crap images
>we have to deal with.

But new page patrollers have had a consensus for a while (this was
previously discussed on the list) that this was never a major burden.
At any given time, 2-3 patrollers could deal with the stuff that came
in.  Often, when I did new page patrol, I was actually a bit bored by
the slow rate at which crap articles I could delete came in at.  This
seems like a solution in search of a problem, if that's the supposed
problem it's addressing.

-Mark