[Foundation-l] Wikipedia ... but where are you going ... (was:Enforcing WP:CITE ...)

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Sat Dec 3 16:02:27 UTC 2005

>>When we are so famous, why is it that maybe 3% of the Italians know
>>Wikipedia ..
>>

>And it is OK for the other 97% of Italians to first hear about Wikipedia while reading a very
>negative review of it?

Well ... if you let negative articles do the marketing ... I do not
allow that ... I do talk to people about wikipedia, I print out
articles, I pass them around, I show them where it is useful, I give
articles to some of the kids that come to me get (printed) articles on
the subject they are studying at school, they take it to their teachers,
friends etc.

Anyone of us can do that - that is positive usage, positive marketing
... but if you believe newspapers who are only in search for scoops and
whatever will help us to become known ... well ...

Do you know of a reporter who likes to write about positive news? These
do not make scoop and do not make the reporter rich ... no ... so we are
the ones who need to be be positive reporters.

The 97% of Italians need to hear from us about wikipedia and not from
others ... and this is the way anywhere in the world.

We are the ones in charge - not newspapers, TV or whatever.

>>I am sorry but in my opinion this whole thing is too inward looking. You
>>do not appreciate the potential fallout of all this.
>>

>And fallout from hosing libelous and inaccurate content is OK?

Well if you mean that any content without reference is inaccurate you
can already delete 97% of the articles that are around ... sorry ... and
this is like saying: people who contribute are inaccurate contributors.

I'd say 99% of all contributors do their best - with or without "adding