[Foundation-l] Enforcing WP:CITE the Soi case

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 12:45:05 UTC 2005

Hoi,
Being expert is not necessarily a bad thing. It is a bad thing when it
makes you think that you are necessarily better. If you think that being
expert is being superior, I think Larry is looking for experts for his
project. If you think that being expert means that you can resolve
problems amicably by finding sources to show some truth/worth in
arguments, then I share the sentiment that it is not a bad thing. The
proposals that I have seen so far are largely a reaction to some nasty
business in a major American newspaper. When your argue for due
diligence and showing sources particularly when it concerns living
people, I am all for it. The current proposals are in my opinion an
overreaction and if adopted will kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Again, consider who we are, where we came from. Again consider that
sources do not tell the whole truth but only a particular point of view.
Using expertise and sources as a weapon it will not help us find a
neutral point of view. It will certainly not find us the truth as in the
whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Thanks.
    GerardM