[Foundation-l] Re: [Ticket#2005082010002098] About fundraising

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 07:45:49 UTC 2005

On 8/22/05, Donation <donations at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Passing on a suggestion sent to the board. Has anyone heard of this or have
> any opinion on whether it would be a useful addition to our fundraising page?

> > > Wikipedia is using Paypal for fundraising. May I
> > > suggest that www.sozialbank.de has a very convenient
> > > system for fundraising and probably would accept
> > > Wikipedia foundation as a customer?

It's already the case, trhough the German association.

> > > At least for european customers they should be able
> > > to offer a web interface where money transfer is
> > > possible immediately.

I looked at the demo and did not exactly understand how this works. It
does seem fairly easy to install. But I'd love to know if it's really
working for Europeans as a whole. For having worked with the
Sozialbank online banking system, I can tell that the international
side of it is seriously lacking.

Can someone speaking better German than I try and axplain the
principle behind the tool, its limitations and advantages?

Best
Delphine
--
~notafish