[Foundation-l] Re: Research access to logs

Tim Starling t.starling at physics.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Aug 16 09:34:43 UTC 2005

Jerome Jamnicky wrote:
> I thought it would be obvious, but giving you a sample of the logfile is
> a violation of the (current) privacy policy.  So your options are to
> offer a script to alter the logfile so that we would not violate the
> policy by giving the resulting file to you, or to get the policy changed.

Well, it was me who suggested that, we could just give him log files for
a few IP addresses corresponding to people who have given their consent.
For example, we could give him logs of his own requests.

I'm now thinking, however, that log files are not what Tobias wants at
all, instead he wants something similar to the page view counter, which
was disabled for efficiency reasons.

-- Tim Starling