[Foundation-l] Wikiversity

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 02:59:32 UTC 2005

Despite claims to the contrary,
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikiversity was certainly _not_ protected
at the advice of the Wikimedia Foundation.

Perhaps it was advised by one member of that foundation, but other
Board members were not consulted. I am disgusted this approach would
be taken with no consensus from the community.

Wikiversity has been running for a long time on Wikibooks and I see no
agreement whatsoever for it to be suddenly shut down like this.

Protection is a defense against vandalism, not a way of expressing one
person's point of view on whether or not a sub-project of Wikibooks
should exist. Please remove the misleading statements about protection
and explain why you ever thought the Foundation would propose such an
awful measure on a popular set of pages like Wikiversity.

Angela.