[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Poland

Dariusz Siedlecki datrio at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 14:02:17 UTC 2005

I've wanted to inform everyone who isn't aware yet, that the Polish
Wikimedia community started to plan the upcoming of the Wikimedia
Poland community, which would act as a local chapter to the Wikimedia
Foundation.

Right now, we're gathering info and informing users on the good and
the bad sides of having a more "legal" way of operating the Polish
projects.

We need at least 15 interested people to start the organization. We
won't spend almost any money on start, apart from some basic
registration fees (a few dollars) and a domain - Wikimedia.pl.

The current list of people interested in founding the organization is
listed over on meta, to be more precise, here -
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Polska#Lista_ch.C4.99tnych

We haven't informed the local communities on anything yet. First we
want to gather more info, and when we'll actually have the first real
participants and some words of courage, we'll post the info on every
local village pump in every project.

Now, my only question is, what should we exactly do after registering
our organization, to become a local Wikimedia chapter?

I'll try to inform foundation-l on any new progress as soon as it happens.

--
Best regards,
Dariusz Siedlecki