[Foundation-l] [xxxxxxx at xxxxxxxxx.xxx: The wikipedia online shop]

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Apr 5 15:43:34 UTC 2005

(This message has been edited in the mailing list archives.)

----- Forwarded message from Leslie Nuccio <xxxxxxx at xxxxxxxxx.xxx> -----

From: "Leslie Nuccio" <xxxxxxx at xxxxxxxxx.xxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 17:13:09 -0700
To: <board at wikimedia.org>
Subject: The wikipedia online shop

Hey all,

I noticed that you took down the shop link on the wikipedia homepage -
and your sales dropped dramatically as a result.

What I'd like to propose is either a thumbnail of a design line (or
product) on the homepage, and/or a permanent "Shop" tab in the global
navigation.  Since it seems that raising money for Wikimedia Foundation
is a priority, this is definitely a first step towards that end.

I'm leaving town tomorrow for the week, but my associate Samantha is in
to help come up with ideas.  We have a design team here and are happy to
donate design for free, so if you guys want to re-organize the shop of
have some product design ideas, feel free to tell us.

Cheers...

_______________

Leslie Nuccio
Account Development Director
CafePress.com
(xxx) xxx-xxxx direct
(xxx) xxx-xxxx fax
xxxxxxx at xxxxxxxxx.xxx

The contents of this message, together with any attachments, are intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may
contain information that is confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the original sender
immediately by telephone or by return E-mail and delete this message, along
with any attachments, from your computer. Thank you.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
"Pianosa is een Italie" - first words of 50,000th article on nl.wikipedia.org