[Foundation-l] Re: Wikijunior - Wikispecies, Mk 2?

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 11:18:55 UTC 2004

I support what Angela said.

You should keep in mind that when a grant inquiry is made, we are not as
specific as to say "we would like money to create a new project doing
this and that". Actually, what I could come to fear would be that we
hesitate sending grant proposal, in fear of receiving money for a
project which would not be supported afterwards...

This said, I agree that grant requests should be more visible. The
problem is that basically, except for Danny who did a lot, the board and
Sj and Brian who accepted to help me, I think no one has made much
effort in the direction of grants (sorry if I missed someone).

When it turns that doing such work is not raising interest, one tend to
give up talking about it, and just manage alone.

For example, I recently sent an inquiry letter to National Geographic
and told one english editor working on the topic concerned. I had no
comment whatsoever (thank god, I had some feedback on fr :-)). Well,
next time, I do not think I will contact that user again if the inquiry
is accepted.

People motivation to have others involved can be seriously hurt by lack
of reaction.

I think that you are correct that grants should be discussed openly, but
this can only occur if there is feedback from the community.

As for wikijunior wikireaders having opposition or be largely considered
as a fork, I currently see no evidence.