[Foundation-l] internal or external?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Oct 24 20:36:22 UTC 2004

NSK wrote:

>On Sunday 24 October 2004 23:56, Andre Engels wrote:
>

>>Wikipedia to Wiktionary are internal links? And if yes, could they
>>

>In my opinion I see no reason why the dictionary needs to be separate from the
>wikipedia. Many dictionaries are like encyclopedias and many pedias are like
>dictionaries. There is definitely some degree of overlap.

They are separate projects because the way they approach material is
completely different.  The same can be said of the other project.  Each
sets its own policies subject to a handful of broad policies that cover
all Wikimedia projects.

To the original question, I would answer that the links are external to
Wikipedia but internal to Wikimedia.

Ec