[Foundation-l] Wikimedia France

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 23 23:19:44 UTC 2004

Hello,

The french association Wikimédia France was officially
created today in Paris.

After a full day rererereading bylaws, changing
articles (again...) and correcting typos, and just
stopping for lunch, all fondators physically present
signed the final documents.

We were actually slower than expected, and we ended up
in an internet cafe to print final bylaws before
signing them, since we had to leave the meeting room
before being done :-)

The foundators are 20. Those not physically present
will sent proxy voting in the next few days to Ryo.

We had to refuse a few candidate foundators, as they
had not offered the necessary information in time
(name, adress etc...).

2 foundators (present on irc) also decided not to sign
the bylaws.

On monday the 25th, a meeting on irc of all foundators
will allow to elect a board of 5 to 9 people. 12
people are candidate.

On thursday, on irc again, all board members will
elect their president, secretary and treasurer.

------

All in all, though a tiring day, it was a very
interesting moment for all of us and a real pleasure
to meet new people and to see others again :-)

Anthere