[Foundation-l] French domain lost

NSK nsk2 at wikinerds.org
Thu Oct 21 00:46:53 UTC 2004

On Thursday 21 October 2004 02:48, Delirium wrote:
> I thought the plan was to have the main Wikimedia Foundation hold all
> trademarks, worldwide, rather than local associations holding them?

If local associations hold trademarks they will be able to declare their
independence from the Foundation and continue using the name "Wikipedia" in
their jurisdictions.

The choice of who will hold the trademarks will be made by considering how
much freedom/independence you want to grant to local associations and what
the law states.

--
NSK
Admin of http://portal.wikinerds.org