[Foundation-l] Re: [WikiEN-l] [elian-EFJ1a5riuIw-XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg at public.gmane.org: wikimedia conference, round two]

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Tue Oct 19 18:00:10 UTC 2004

Anthere wrote:

> Are you volunteering to try to negociate for us good travel
> transatlantic ticket Mark ?
>
> That is a great idea you have here, and I hope you can help on this.
> It will be much appreciated.

I'll certainly be willing to help, but I have no particular experience
in the travel market besides scouring the internet.  I could put
together a list of the best prices I can personally find though, and
people can wiki-update as necessary.  If there are any people who
actually work as travel agents who can help us out, that'd of course be
ideal. =]

One caveat is that it's very hard to predict the best prices.  It used
to be true that basically the earlier you buy tickets in advance, the
cheaper they are.  That's no longer true, because sometimes as the date
pulls closer prices will drop dramatically if it turns out there's too
many unsold seats left and the airline needs to get rid of them (last
year ticket prices for flights in June and July dropped quite a bit in
March and April).  But you can't count on or predict that well either,
so all we can really do is give people information and let them guess
for themselves...

-Mark