[Foundation-l] wikinews and other stuff

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Fri Oct 15 20:54:12 UTC 2004

Erik Moeller wrote:

>>secondly, What the hell is the difference between wikicommons and
>>wikisource? They both seem to me to be depositories for pd/gfdl
>>primary sources.
>>

>Yes, which is why I initially proposed Wikimedia Commons to include
>what is currently on Wikisource. I still think the two should be merged.

I see Wikimedia Commons as being more of a repository, while Wikisource
is more of a general text-document-oriented site that isn't merely a
dumping ground for documents, but also organizes them, translates them,
annotates them, and so on.  It's not clear how the proposed translation
project would fit in at the Commons, for example.

(I could be misinterpreting what the Commons is supposed to be.)

-Mark