[Foundation-l] Formal request: Wikinews project

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sun Oct 10 15:22:00 UTC 2004

Fred-
> Is it proposed that Wikinews would allow original reporting? If so, how
> would we deal with libel risks?

See the proposal. All articles have to pass through a review stage before
they are formally published. Factual statements are attributed to external
sources or to named Wikinews reporters. Hence, the situation with regard
to libel is the same as for any news publication: We do our best to make
sure to prevent it, and we protect our reporters from legal harrassment if
they have exercised due diligence.

Regards,

Erik