AW: [Foundation-l] Is the Voter's Guide legal?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Oct 8 16:45:54 UTC 2004

Eric Pöhlsen wrote:

>>But per our NPOV policy, we don't engage in political advocacy anyway.
>>
>NPOV is for the encyclopedia not for the books or am I mistaken?

NPOV is a principle that applies across all projects.  The way that it
applies varies with the circumstances.  If the idea behind these voters'
guides is to present the views of the parties and their candidates then
each individual guide should fairly and sympathetically represent the
view of the particular candidate without the need to engage in long
debates in defence of that position.  NPOV is represented by making sure
that all candidates and their supporters have an equal opportunity to
present their views in their respective guides.

Ec