[Foundation-l] Is the Voter's Guide legal?

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Wed Oct 6 11:05:37 UTC 2004

Anything NPOV is perfectly fine.  As a 501(c)(3) we can't engage in
certain types of political advocacy as an organization.

http://www.irs.gov/charities/charitable/article/0,,id=120703,00.html

But per our NPOV policy, we don't engage in political advocacy anyway.

John Pozniak wrote:

> The English Wikibooks recently started a Voter's Guide
> ( http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Voter%27s_Guide ).
> While I think the project is a good idea, I wonder if
> there are legal issues for the Foundation that
> publishing such a guide might complicate.
>
> Looking for a little guidance,
>
> John Pozniak (Gentgeen)

"La nèfle est un fruit." - first words of 50,000th article on fr.wikipedia.org