[Foundation-l] Re:wiktionary logo

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 16:41:58 UTC 2004

A logo less english centric is a good idea and I am
happy some editors are taking interest in this :-)

I would highly recommand that all wiktionaries have
the same logo, as it is an important mark to identify
one common project. We are not a collection of
different projects, but one project in different
languages.
This indeed suggest an approval at least at the whole
wiktionary project.

Recently, a debate took place as well with regards the
wikicommons logo.
This debate suggests to me that any logo change should
be accompanied by a formal poll at the global
wiktionary level, as well as with mention to the
global mailing lists.

Incidently, the logo should be owned by the foundation
so as to protect it. So, how the logo should look is
entirely debatable, but the license of the logo itself
is not really debatable. Before any logo contest, it
should be made clear that the logo will not be
copyrighted by its author.

I sent this mail in copy to foundation.

Anthere

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:14:27 +0100, Tomasz Sienicki