[Foundation-l] Project proposals on meta

Elisabeth Bauer elian at djini.de
Sat Nov 13 19:09:09 UTC 2004

Hello,

There are a lot of project proposals floating around on Meta-Wiki, most
only short descriptions of an idea someone had. Some months ago, I
collected all this stuff and moved it to a central page:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Proposals_for_new_projects

More can be found in:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Proposed_projects

Since many people complained to me about Meta being an unusable
labyrinth, I'd like to do a little bit of cleanup and wondered if we
could just move this list to wikicities (jimbo's pet project where
people can set up wikis on their own) and direct new entries on meta of
the type "oh there is no wiki on ... what about ...?" to wikicities:
http://www.wikicities.com/index.php/Proposed_wikis

We will be busy the next time with building up Commons and Wikinews, the
two big new projects and for most proposals on this page I either don't
see a future as a Wikimedia project (at least not in this state) or they
could be done within the framework of an existing project.

What do you think?

greetings,
elian