[Foundation-l] Fairness and the elections

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Fri May 28 16:05:00 UTC 2004

daniwo59-
> However, one candidate brought up the issue that certain candidates had
> exceeded the 500 word limit on the Candidates Page and there only. In
> fairness, and since that was a request by a candidate, I asked the
> candidates who had exceeded that amount to try and trim their statements.
> This was done via personal email precisely because I wanted to avoid this
> kind of ruckus. They were asked to cut out some words and redirect to their
> user pages. Nowhere was there any talk of disqualifying anyone.

Danny, you are confused. First you talk about a 500 character limit, then
you talk about a 500 word limit, then you talk about "15 words" over the
limit. All of this is inaccurate.

The limit as defined on the candidate page is 1000 characters total. Some
candidates are at more than twice that length. Please see the table at
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Election_Candidates

This includes some candidates' use of the "contributions" space for an
additional 600+ characters of personal introduction.

This issue can be resolved simply by
1) moving the "contributions lists" to the respective candidate user pages
2) asking the ones who are still substantially over the limit to shorten
their statements.

Please address this issue ASAP.

Regards,

Erik