[Foundation-l] Project Proposal: GlobalFamilyTree

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 15:53:54 UTC 2004

--- Joel Konkle-Parker <jjk3 at msstate.edu> wrote:
> This is just to direct everyone's attention to my new project proposal:
> GlobalFamilyTree <http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/GlobalFamilyTree>.
>
> It's goal would be to create a worldwide user-editable genealogy database.
> More
> details are on the wiki page.

I've already proposed that at http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikimorial .

The idea is to simply expand the focus of the the Sep11wiki (which is a rather
lonely place).

The only major stumbling block was the name - some people didn't like
'Wikimorial'. Other ideas were:
*Wikimedia Memorial (generic and boring, IMO),
*Wikipeople (I liked this one so I bought the domain names),
*Wikifamily (another one I liked - although in the U.S. right-wing Christian
fundamentalists have co-opted the word "family").

Any other ideas?

-- mav